From a 60-year-old parcel in “Aux Fournaux”. The vineyard is located at the base of the slope providing better sunlight interception and drainage than most, meaning the wine has fine definition and weight for a villages appellation wine. “Aux Fournaux” is also at the junction with Pernand-Vergelesses and Aloxe-Corton, with racy fruits from the former and rocky tannins from the later.
Hand picked and then chilled overnight in our refrigerated truck. The fruit was sorted to select the very best for whole cluster treatment, the rest destined to be triaged and destemmed. The sort resulted in 10% being destemmed and placed on the base of the wooden tank, with the remaining 90% placed on top as whole cluster under cover of CO2 for a native, no SO2 fermentation. The grapes were untouched for 14 days and then pressed to tank to finish to dryness. The wine spent 12 months in a mix of barrels of varying sizes and ages with only very fine lies.
Transparent garnet. Lovely texture with the finest of tannins with really pure, delicate Pinot fruit plus an undertow of forest floor and true finesse. Such purity but such accessibility! — Jancis Robinson MW